Cover photo for Forest DelGrosso's Obituary
1974 Forest 2021

Forest DelGrosso

March 19, 1974 — June 1, 2021

Forest was the leader of our pack. He was one who lived simply and enjoyed the little things. He shrugged off social conventions and defined himself through his passions. Through his sheer grit to survive, learn new skills, and persevere, he lived his life as a silent example that humbly inspired many. He will never know the magnitude of his reach.

Forest was born on March 19, 1974, in Rapid City, South Dakota. He spent the first few years of his life in humble beginnings with his parents Mike and Kim Hendrickson. His bedroom window opened into a forest of ponderosa pine—the inspiration for his name. He was an agile baby, able to walk and climb at nine months old and was a successful escape artist. There was a time he found his way deep into a field of tall grass only to be found with the help of the family’s dog.

Shortly after the birth of his brother Brandon, Kim moved to Denver with the boys seeking new dance opportunities. As a single mom, those were hard times financially. Forest grew seeing his mother’s example of pushing through adversity toward a goal. The lesson was internalized and helped him overcome many obstacles as he soldiered on through life.

Kim married John DelGrosso in 1978, who lovingly adopted the boys and the new family moved to Frisco, Colorado. They were sealed as a family September 27, 1979 in the Manti, Utah Temple. In Frisco, Kim opened the Summit School of Dance. Like it or not, the boys learned to do just that—dance. Forest was a gifted young athlete—a wiry, small boy who took pleasure in leaving his classmates in a cloud of dust during many school field day events.

When he was nine years old, Forest was tragically hit by a car while riding his bike in front of his home. This left him with a traumatic brain injury that altered the course of his life. Through divine intervention, he survived. He spent three months in the hospital fighting for his life and many more years rehabilitating. He had to re-learn all of the basics. Forest became our example as he fought through his injuries and re-learned how to walk, speak, and think again, exceeding all of the doctors’ expectations.

When Forest was 14 years old, he moved with his family (which at that point included his brother and three sisters) to Highland, Utah. The family then added three more sisters to greatly outnumber the boys. Even though learning was difficult because of his brain injury, Forest learned to drive, keep a job, play sports, and graduated from American Fork High School in 1993. In high school he was quite popular and known as a ladies’ man. He was his sisters’ greatest protector and they remember fondly all of the car drives to and from dance listening to U92.

Soon after High School, Forest served a mission in Seattle, Washington, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He was a hard worker and found joy in serving others through his work. After his mission, he had many jobs through the years. He worked for the Daily Herald, multiple movie theaters, and Super-Sonic car wash. In the end, he found a home at Macey’s grocery store in Orem and Pleasant Grove. He loved Macey’s. He loved the customers and his co-workers. Forest’s family thanks the management and staff of Macey’s for the opportunities they provided for him.

Forest was very active and loved going to the gym, riding his bike, and breakdancing. He could have lengthy conversations with anyone interested regarding all things fitness. In recent years, he loved his electric bike which became his main mode of transportation. What a powerful force he was on the Murdock Trail at full speed and a destination in mind. Forest loved to breakdance, a talent he picked up attending his mom’s studio, Center Stage Performing Arts Studio. He had some signature moves so beware if you ever challenged him to a dance off. He could get a crowd going and soon would have everyone cheering his name.

Forest entertained all of his Facebook followers with his reminders to watch the sunset, appreciate the clouds and enjoy the simple things. He also loved his sports teams, the Denver Broncos, the New England Patriots, the Utah Jazz, and would often share their highlights.

Along with watching his favorite sports teams play, he loved the movies. Going to the movie theater was his thing. Thursdays were the day set apart for his mom and him to have one on one time and see the latest movie. She enjoyed many movies, games, and restaurant outings, wanting to spend quality time with him. As the years passed JD became Forest’s best friend and care taker. In his time of need it was his dad that he would call out for.

Forest passed away suddenly from a Pulmonary Emboli on June 1, 2021, at his home. He is survived by his parents Kim and John DelGrosso and Mike Hendrickson “Daddy Mike,” his brother Brandon (Monica), and sisters Amber Doxey (Brock), Ashly Costa (Michael), Autumn Turley (Derrick), Afton Wilson (Zack), Averie Bird (Chauncey), Abrea Ascione (Justin) and twenty-four nieces and nephews. He was proceeded in death by his Grandpa Daniel DelGrosso, Grandpa Charles Williamson, Grandpa Frank Leslie Hendrickson & Grandma Colleen Evelyn Hendrickson, his Aunt Cheryl Lee Horne, his Uncle Allen Lyle Hendrickson, his Uncle Kevin, and his beloved dogs. He was the greatest son, brother, uncle, grandson, nephew, friend, and will be dearly missed by all.

Goodbye Forest. You will always be there with us, on the trail, in the clouds, on the dance floor, and we will save the middle seat for you in the movie theater just as you like.

Funeral Services will be held on Tuesday June 8, 2021 in the Canyon View Ward Chapel 10494 North 4720 West Highland, UT, 84003 at 1:00 pm. There will be a viewing prior to the funeral at the church from 11:45 am - 12:45 pm. There will be a viewing on Monday June 7th from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm at the Anderson & Sons Lone Peak Chapel located at 6141 West 11000 North, Highland, UT, 84003. The graveside service will be at the Pleasant Grove City Cemetery from 2:30 - 4:00 pm with a luncheon held approximately at 4:00 pm back at the Canyon View Ward Chapel.

Neck ties optional as Forest would want.

The family would like to thank the first responders, Police, EMT's & Firefighters. A heartfelt thank you the Medical Examiner who explained everything so well and showed such compassion. Thank you to our family who within minutes was there to hold our pieces together. Thank you Christian Turley and the Anderson & Sons Mortuary for the loving way you walked our family through the "valley of death". Thank you to Forest's home ward (Canyon View) for their service to our family. Thank you to those who have fed us and prayed for us and loved us. Thank you for your donations of every kind. You all are loving us as he has loved us.

To order memorial trees or send flowers to the family in memory of Forest DelGrosso, please visit our flower store.

Service Schedule

Past Services

24 Hour Viewing

Monday, June 7, 2021

Starts at 6:00 pm (Mountain time)

Anderson and Sons Mortuary Lone Peak Chapel

6141 W 11000 N, Highland, UT 84003

Enter your phone number above to have directions sent via text. Standard text messaging rates apply.

24 Hour Viewing

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Starts at 11:45 am (Mountain time)

Enter your phone number above to have directions sent via text. Standard text messaging rates apply.

Funeral Service

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Starts at 1:00 pm (Mountain time)

Enter your phone number above to have directions sent via text. Standard text messaging rates apply.


Visits: 302

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the
Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Service map data © OpenStreetMap contributors

Send Flowers

Send Flowers

Plant A Tree

Plant A Tree