We were honored in the Nomis newspaper. Below is the article that was published.
We are celebrating 150 years of funeral service. When Emil Anderson started helping in 1866 to make the coffins he was a carpenter by trade, but knowledge and training in funeral service was important to him. He later graduated from the Chicago College of Embalming.
He started out in a shop to the side of his home. Emil’s sons, Warren and Stephen Anderson were taught the art of embalming and established a mortuary on Main Street in American Fork known as Anderson Brothers. Continuing the tradition started by Emil servicing the all funeral needs.
Then Warren's sons: Earl, Glen & Harold Anderson were involved in the family business thus changing the name to Anderson & Sons Mortuary and once again they added a funeral chapel to improve the facilities in 1955.
In 1963 Earl and Zola both licensed funeral directors purchased Anderson & Sons Mortuary, Inc. from his brothers and built a modern facility. This facility is still in use today it is our American Fork location.
We have seen many changes to the funeral industry during our 150 years. Some of these changes were pioneered by the Anderson family. We are proud to continue this heritage. We currently have two locations in American Fork, Utah and the other is in Highland, Utah. We have two generations that are currently working at the mortuary. Alan Anderson and his children Alec Anderson, Angela Plummer and Andrew Anderson. We enjoy the relationship with have with our communities and hope to be able to continue serving for many more generations to come.
If you would like to follow this blog please click the RSS feed button below.
American Fork Chapel
49 East 100 North
American Fork, UT 84003
Lone Peak Chapel
6141 West 11000 North
Highland, UT 84003